Disease Management DentistryOral and Maxillofacial Reconstructive Surgery
Our department focuses on the treatment of diseases with skeletal deformities in the maxillofacial region, with the goal of reconstructing morphology and function up to the restoration of occlusal function. We strive to restore function through reconstruction, including dental implants, not only for jaw deformities, temporomandibular joint disorders, congenital and acquired deformities, and traumatic injuries, but also for secondary problems caused by morphofunctional abnormalities resulting from treatment of inflammation (including osteomyelitis), tumors, and other diseases.
In the development in medical technology, detailed treatment and surgical planning is possible through the application of computer technology with a focus on imaging information, and the use of information and communication technology (ICT) is expected to develop into futuristic medicine that even envisions the realization of telemedicine.
Through these activities, we are working on minimizing invasiveness of treatment and equalization of medical technology through the development of new medical technology, as well as training young oral surgeons to contribute to the development of treatment of oral and maxillofacial diseases.
Prof. Kensuke Yamauchi,
Topics of Research
- Molecular biological analysis of bone morphogenetic mechanisms and bone morphological repair processes
- Development of bone regenerative method by applying the fracture healing process
- Development of new medical technology applying advanced medical equipment in the treatment of jaw deformities
- Molecular biological analysis of trauma and temporomandibular joint diseases to minimally invasive surgical therapy
- Development of futuristic oral surgical treatment by telemedicine and computer-assisted surgery
- Yamauchi K, Imoto K, Odashima K, Mroshima H, Shimizu Y, Nogami S, Takahashi T. A collagen membrane for periosteal expansion osteogenesis using a timed-release system in rabbit calvaria. Int J Implant Dent. 4;8(1):9, 2022
- Ozaki H, Chiba M, Hamamoto Y, Iino M
Giant solitary synovial osteochondromatosis of the temporomandibular joint: A case report.
J Oral Maxillofac Surg Med Pathol 34, 772-776, 2022.
- Nogami S, Kataoka Y, Yamauchi K, Yanagisawa Y, Imoto K, Kumasaka A, Izumita K, Kajita T, Iikubo M, Kumamoto H, Takahashi T
Condylar resorption following compressive mechanical stress in rabbit model- Association of matrix metalloproteinases.
In Vivo 36: 2126-2133, 2022.
- Nogami S, Yamauchi K, Izumita K, Kitamura J, Takeda Y, Otake Y, Koyama S, Okuyama K, Sasaki K, Takahashi T
Clinical course of masticatory function recovery following arthrocentesis in patients with unilateral mandibular condyle head fracture.
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 50: 225-229, 2022.
- Nogami S, Yamauchi K, Kitamura J, Miyashita H, Kojima I, Kouketsu A, Furuuchi T, Iikubo M, Kumamoto H, Takahashi T
The accuracy of ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging for estimating thickness of oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma and influence of biopsy on those findings.
Oral Sci Int 19: 24- 30, 2022.
- Steiner C, Bottini G.B., Neubert M, Nogami S, Wittig J, Brandtner C, Gaggl A
Die mikrochirurgische Defektversorgung der Nase.
Die MKG-Chirurgie (German) 15: 200- 207, 2022.
- Kouketsu A, Saito H, Kuroda K, Miyashita H, Yamauchi K, Sugiura T, Takahashi T, Kumamoto H
Myeloid-derived suppressor cells and plasmacytoid dendritic cells are associated with oncogenesis of oral squamous cell carcinoma.
Oral Pathol Med, in press, 2022.
- Ezoe Y, Matsui K, Kouketsu A, Miura K, Kamakura S
Application to open wound extraction socket of new bone regenerative material.
J Oral Maxillofac Surg Med Pathol, in press, 2022.
- Kajita T, Nogami S, Suzuki H, Saito S, Yamauchi K, Takahashi T
Radiologic Risk Factors for Persistent Mandibular Nerve Neurosensory Disturbance Following Sagittal Split Osteotomy.
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 80(7): 1183-1190, 2022.
- Yanagisawa Y, Shimizu Y, Mukai T, Sano Y, Odashima Y, Ikeo N, Saito H, Yamauchi Y, Takahashi T, Kumamoto H. Biodegradation behaviors of magnesium (Mg)-based alloy nails in autologous bone grafts: In vivo study in rabbit skulls.
J Appl Biomater Funct Mater Jan-Dec;20: 22808000221095230, 2022.
- Kurobane T, Nogami S, Otake Y, Suzuki H, Kajita T, Morishima H, Iwama R, Yamauchi K, Takahashi T
Clinical comparison between bilateral and unilateral mandibular condyle fractures combined with symphysis fractures - A retrospective study.
J Oral Maxillofac Surg Med Pathol 35(1): 8-14, 2023.
- Suzuki H, Nogami S, Hoshi K, Sakai H, Tsuboi Y, Otake Y, Morishima H, Yamauchi K, Takahashi T
Characteristic clinical features of maxillofacial injuries encountered over 16-year period – Retrospective study.
J Oral Maxillofac Surg Med Pathol 34: 683-689, 2022.
- Kido K, Sato T, Miyashita H
Nasotracheal Intubation After Transsphenoidal Surgery: A Case Report.
Cureus 14(4): e24171, 2022.
- Odashima K, Nogami S, Kitamura J, Iwama R, Yanagisawa Y, Kajita T, Miyashita H, Yamauchi K, Kumamoto H, Takahashi T
Glandular odontogenic cyst in mandible: a case report and literature review.
J Oral Maxillofac Surg Med Pathol 34: 531-535, 2022.
- Otake Y, Nogami S, Chiba M, Odashima K, Takeda Y, Miyashita H, Nagai H, Yamauchi K, Takahashi T
Endoscope-Low level gap arthroplasty using ultrasonic bone-cutting device for recurrent temporomandibular joint ankylosis – Case report.
J Oral Maxillofac Surg Med Pathol 34, 749-753, 2022.
- Kajita T, Miyashita H, Kitamura J, Kouketsu A, Kumamoto H, Takahashi T
Pulmonary pleomorphic carcinoma metastasizing to the anterior mandibular gingiva: A case report and literature review.
Int J Surg Case Rep 98： DOI:10.1016/j.ijscr.2022.107499, 2022.
- Shimoda H, Yamauchi K, Takahashi T
Transient asystole associated with vasovagal reflex in an oral surgery patient: A case report.
SAGE Open Med Case Rep, in press, 2022.
- Iwama R, Nagai H, Suzuki N, Izumi R, Kumamoto H, Takahashi T
A case of giant dental calculus in a patient with centronuclear myopathy.
Spec Care Dentist doi: 10.1111/scd.12772, 2022.
- Kurobane T, Mori S, Miyashita H, Kumamoto H, Takahashi T
Mandibular osteomyelitis showing remarkable bone resorption in association with Entamoeba gingivalis infection: Report of two cases.
J Oral Maxillofac Surg Med Pathol, 29, in press, 2022.