Innovative Liaison DentistryInternational Collaborative and Innovative Dentistry
Our major research is focus on development and applied research of functional biomaterials and digital transformation in health care and educational settings based on the international industry-academia/interdisciplinary collaboration to improve oral health related QOL.
Prof. Guang HONG,
Topics of Research
- Development of functional biomaterials
- Rheology of biopolymer materials
- Development of metal free dental implant materials
- Establishment of the International Standard of dental materials
- Research and development on digital transformation in healthcare and educational settings
- H Yang, DW Hong, G Hong, H Yu*: Effects of low-temperature degradation on the surface roughness of Y-TZP ceramics: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Prosthet Dent 2020. (Accepted)
- JJ Huang, H Yu, G Hong, H Cheng, M Zheng*: Influence of the tea extracts on the antifungal effect on Candida albicans. Dent Mater J 2019. (Accepted)
- W Zou, G Hong*, Y Yamazaki, T Ogawa, J Washio, N Takahashi, K Sasaki: Use of cellulose nanofibers as a denture immersing solution. Dent Mater J 39, 80-88, 2020. DOI: 10.4012/dmj.2018-388
- K Watanabe, G Hong, K Tominami, S Izumi, Y Hayashi, T-A Kudo: Association between beta3-adrenergic receptor Trp64Arg polymorphism and fat preference in healthy young Japanese women. Tohoku J Exp Med 248, 181-192, 2019.
- YY Qu, G Hong*, L Liu, K Sasaki, XD Chen: Evaluation of silk fibroin electrogel coating for zirconia material surface. Dent Mater J 38(5), 813-820, 2019.
- F Luo, G Hong*, H Matsui, K Endo, QB Wan, K Sasaki: Initial osteoblast adhesion and subsequent differentiation on zirconia surface are regulated by integrins and heparin-sensitive molecule. Int J Nanomed 13, 7657-7667, 2018.
- H Oka, Y Ishida, G Hong: Study of factors related to the attitudes toward studying abroad among preclinical/clinical undergraduate dental students at three dental schools in Japan. Clin Exp Dent Res 4(4), 119-124, 2018.
- F Luo, G Hong, T Wang, LL Jia, JY Chen, L Suo, XB Pei, QB Wan*: Static and dynamic evaluations of the wettability of commercial vinyl polysiloxane impression materials for artificial saliva. Dent Mater J 37(5), 818-824, 2018.
- T Tanaka, G Hong, K Tominami, T Kudo: Oral Fat Sensitivity Is Associated with Social Support for Stress Coping in Young Adult Men. Tohoku J Exp Med 244, 249-261, 2018.
- WQ Wang, G Hong*, JM Han, H Murata, K Sasaki: The effect of crude drugs on the angiogenic property and dynamic viscoelasticity of PEMA-based soft polymer materials. Dent Mater J 36 (6), 770-777, 2017.
- F Luo, L Pan, G Hong, T Wang, X Pei, J Wang, Q Wan: In vitro and in vivo characterization of multi-walled carbon nanotubes/polycaprolactone composite scaffolds for bone tissue engineering applications. J Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering 7 (9), 787-797, 2017.
- K Harada, S Miura, G Hong, T Hashida, H Abekura, H Murata, M Nishimura, H Nikawa.: Accelerating effects of cellulose in the removal of denture adhesives from acrylic denture base. J Prosthodont Res 61 (2), 185-192, 2017.
- N Yoda*, J Sun, Y Matsudate, G Hong, T Kawata, K Sasaki.: Effect of Configurations of Implants supporting a Four-unit Fixed Partial Denture on Loading Distribution. Int J Prosthodont 30 (1), 68-70, 2017.
- JM Han, G Hong*, H Lin, Y Shimizu, G Zheng, HY Zhang, K Sasaki: Biomechanical and histological evaluation of the osseointegration capacity of two types of zirconia implant. Int J Naomed 11, 6507-6516, 2016.
- J Liu, G Hong*, YH Wu, K Endo, JM Han, H Kumamoto, T Wada, H Kato, K Sasaki: A novel method of surface modification by electrochemical deoxidation: effect on surface characteristics and initial bioactivity of zirconia. J Biomed Mater Res Part B 105B, 2641-2652, 2017.
- S Izumi, G Hong, K Iwasaki, M Izumi, Y Matsuyama, M Chiba, T Toda, T Kudo*: Gustatory Salivation Is Associated with Body Mass Index, Daytime Sleepiness, and Snoring in Healthy Young Adults. Tohoku J Exp Med 240, 153-165, 2016.
- H Oka, Y Ishida, G Hong, PTT Nguyen. Perceptions of dental students in Japanese national universities about studying abroad. Eur J Dent Educ 22 (1), e1-e6, 2018. DOI: 10.1111/eje.12212
- K Harada-Hada*, G Hong, H Abekura, H Murata.: Evaluation of the efficiency of denture cleaner for removing denture adhesives. Gerodontology 33, 453-460, 2016. (DOI: 10.1111/ger.12183).
- M Asano, G Hong, Y Matsuyama, WQ Wang, S Izumi, M Izumi, T Toda, T Kudo*: Association of Oral Fat Sensitivity with Body Mass Index, Taste Preference, and Eating Habits in Healthy Japanese Young Adults. Tohoku J Exp Med 238, 93-103, 2016.
- K Saito*, S Mori, F Date, G Hong.: Epigallocatechin gallate stimulates neuroreactive salivary secretomotor pathways in autoimmune sialadenitis of MRL-Faslpr mice via activation of cAMP-dependent protein kinase A and inactivation of nuclear factor κ B. Autoimmunity 48 (6); 379-388, 2015 (DOI: 10.3109/08916934.2015.1030617).
- XD Chen, G Hong, WZ Xing, YN Wang.: The influence of resin cements on the final color of ceramic veneers. J Prosthodont Res 59, 172-177, 2015.
- JM Han, G Hong*, MS Dilinuer, H Lin, G Zheng, XZ Wang, K Sasaki.: The adhesive strength and initial viscosity of denture adhesives. Acta Odontol Scand 72(8):839-845, 2014.
- JM Han, HY Zhang, HS Choe, G Zheng, H Lin*, G Hong.: Abrasive wear and surface roughness of contemporary dental composite resin. Dent Mater J 33(6):725-732, 2014.
- JM Han, G Hong*, H Matsui, Y Shimizu, G Zheng, H Lin, K Sasaki. The surface characterization and bioactivity of NANOZR in vitro. Dent Mater J 33(2), 210-219, 2014.
- JM Han, G Hong*, K Hayashida, T Maeda, H Murata, K Sasaki.: Influence of composition on the adhesive strength and initial viscosity of denture adhesives. Dent Mater J 33(1), 98-103, 2014.
- G. Hong*, T. Maeda, H. Murata, K. Sasaki.: The dynamic viscoelasticity and plasticizer leachability of tissue conditioners. Gerodontology 29, 284-291, 2012. IF: 1.396
- G. Hong*, H. Tsuka, T. Maeda, Y. Akagawa, K. Sasaki.: The dynamic viscoelasticity and water absorption characteristics of soft acrylic resin materials containing adipates and maleate plasticizer. Dent Mater J 31, 139-149, 2012.
- T. Maeda, G. Hong*, S. Sadamori, T. Hamada, Y. Akagawa.: Durability of peel bond of resilient denture liners to acrylic denture base resin. J Prosthodont Res, 56, 136-141, 2012.
- Hong G: Denture Care. Dental Diamond, Tokyo, 1st edition, P43, 2011.