Cooperative DepartmentImmune Regulation and Oral Immunity
The oral mucosa is a front line of host defense system against microbes and hazardous antigens. It also becomes targets of inflammation caused by autoimmune or allergic responses. Immune regulation of oral immunity is critical issue to control infections and keep Quality of Life (QOL) of disease patients.We are investigating, 1) Signal transduction and regulation by microenvironments operating in the host defense system, 2) Mechanisms for the production of autoantibodies involved in the disease development and maintenance of autoimmune disorders including Sjögren syndrome, 3) Regulations for the maintenance and expansion of tissue stem cells, to manipulate and regulate immune responses in oral mucosa.
Visiting Prof. Satoshi Takaki,
Topics of Research
- Signal transduction and regulation in humoral immune responses.
- Mechanisms for the generation and function of auto-antibodies involved in various autoimmune diseases.
- Development of methods for manipulating or reconstituting the immune system.
- Sekiya T, Kagawa S, Masaki K, Fukunaga K, Yoshimura A, Takaki S. Regulation of peripheral Th/Treg differentiation and suppression of airway inflammation by Nr4a transcription factors. iScience. 2021 Mar 19;24(3):102166. doi: 10.1016/j.isci.2021.102166.
- Kim HS, Lee MB, Lee D, Min KY, Koo J, Kim HW, Park YH, Kim SJ, Ikutani M, Takaki S, Kim YM, Choi WS. The regulatory B cell-mediated peripheral tolerance maintained by mast cell IL-5 suppresses oxazolone-induced contact hypersensitivity. Sci Adv. 2019 Jul 17;5(7):eaav8152. doi: 10.1126/sciadv.aav8152.
- Sekiya T, Takaki S. RGMB enhances the suppressive activity of the monomeric secreted form of CTLA-4. Sci Rep. 2019 May 6;9(1):6984. doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-43068-y.
- Mori T, Suzuki-Yamazaki N, Takaki S. Lnk/Sh2b3 regulates adipose inflammation and glucose tolerance through group 1 ILCs. Cell Rep. 2018 Aug 14;24(7):1830-1841. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2018.07.036.
- Kudo F, Ikutani M, Iseki M, Takaki S. Cyclosporin A indirectly attenuates activation of group 2 innate lymphoid cells in papain-induced lung inflammation. Cell Immunol. 2018 Jan;323:33-40. doi: 10.1016/j.cellimm.2017.10.010.