Rehabilitation DentistryDental Biomaterials
Division of Dental Biomaterials is a field responsible for teaching and research related to treatment materials and equipment utilized in dental care. We provide support for the remarkable developments in treatment materials and equipment by providing information with a scientific and engineering standpoint based on characteristics and principles that allow both safe and just usage of these materials and equipment. At the same time, we are making research developments in new materials and next-generation treatment equipment that make cutting-edge dental care possible.
Researchers in this division develop new dental biomaterials such as dental restorative materials and dental implant materials to help with current dental treatment, as well as research magnetic materials to apply in dentistry, dental prosthesis manufacturing methods typical in CAD/CAM, and degradation and level of safety of dental restorative materials in the environment of the mouth. This research is giving results in the development of antibacterial implant materials suitable for CAD/CAM and the setting of international standards for dental magnetic attachments.
In recent years, the interface between biomaterials and body tissues has begun to come under attention, and there is a desire for the development of high-functional biomaterials with an excellent biocompatibility. Division of Dental Biomaterials takes on problems such as this that society needs solved, and sets goals to contribute to the growth of medical technology and improvement in quality of life.
Prof. Osamu Suzuki,
Associate Prof. Yukyo Takada,
Topics of Research
- Development and Applied Research of Functional Titanium Alloys for Dental Use
- Research on the CAD/CAM System and Dental Materials for CAD/CAM
- Research on the Dental Applications of Magnets
- Research on the Degradation and Level of Safety of Dental Materials in the Mouth and Body
- Research on Dental Antibacterial Alloys
- Masatoshi TAKAHASHI, Masafumi KIKUCHI, Yukyo TAKADA, Grindability of Ti−Nb−Cu alloys for dental machining applications, Metals, 2022; 12：861
- Hirofumi YAMAGUCHI, Masatoshi TAKAHASHI, Keiichi SASAKI, Yukyo TAKADA, Mechanical properties and microstructures of cast dental Ti-Fe alloys, Dent Mater J, 2021; 40(1): 61-67
- Hirofumi YAMAGUCHI, Masatoshi TAKAHASHI, Keiichi SASAKI, Yukyo TAKADA, Wear resistance of cast dental Ti-Fe alloys, Dent Mater J, 2021; 40(1): 68-73
- Takeshi TONE, Yoshinaka SHIMIZU, Haruka SAITO, Takumi SATO, Hidetoshi ITO, Yukyo TAKADA, Masatoshi TAKAHASHI, Kenji ODASHIMA, Mariko OIKAWA, Tetsu TAKAHASHI, Hiroyuki KUMAMOTO, In vivo behavior of untreated and compressed concentrated growth factor as biomaterial in rabbits, Dent Mater J, Dent Mater J, 2021; 40(1):8-15
- Hanako SAKATSUME, Masatoshi TAKAHASHI, Mary Wambui KANYI, Yoshinaka SHIMIZU, Yukyo TAKADA, The process of magnesium ion modification of titanium surface and the sustained-release of magnesium ions from its surface, Dent Mater J, 2020; 39(3): 509-516
- Kotaro SATO, Masatoshi TAKAHASHI, Yukyo TAKADA, Construction of Ti-Nb-Ti2Cu pseudo-ternary phase diagram, Dent Mater J, 2020; 39(3): 422-428